Innovation is in the target | Value is in the team
ElsaLys Biotech is a biopharmaceutical company that designs and develops "best-in-disease"innovative therapeutic antibodies in oncology and ophthalmology.
To drive these innovations, ElsaLys Biotech relies on an academic network of international standing, an R&D platform that covers validation of targets in the clinical evaluation of antibody candidates and a team of experts dedicated to developing immune-based therapies and conduct programs in partnerships.
The company has already signed licensing option and / or collaboration agreements (Institut Curie, IGBMC-ICS, Inserm and Inserm Transfert, Centre Léon Bérard, CNRS) and maturation agreements (SATT Conectus, SATT SE), and has acquired a first strategic asset. Two years after its foundation, the Company hosts three proprietary antibodies and four development programs in oncology and ophthalmology.
Founded in 2013, ElsaLys Biotech consists of a team of 12 people, led by Dr. Christine GUILLEN. Since inception, its investors are Transgene and Sofimac Partners, joined in 2015 by IM Europe and Crédit Agricole Création. ElsaLys Biotech’s head office is located in the centre of the Lyon Gerland bio-district and its laboratories are based in the Illkirch Graffenstaden Science and Technology Park.
MANAGEMENT and TEAM
SHAREHOLDERS and PARTNERS
- April 2013: incorporation
- May 2013: € 2.1m from Transgene and Sofimac Partners
- July 2013- January 2014: € 0.7m grants from BPI France and Alsace Region
- November 2015 : 2.7 million in the first instalment of a total fundraising amounting to € 5 million subscribed by Sofimac Partners, IM Europe and Crédit Agricole Création
- Sofimac Partners
- IM Europe
- Crédit Agricole Création
- Business Angel
- BPI France
- Alsace Region
skills and assets
A team of experts covering from target sourcing to pre-industrial production of drug candidates
The skills of the Company range from target sourcing to the pre-industrial production of drug candidates derived from these targets. To this end, the ElsaLys Biotech team combines:
- Solid knowledge in immunology and cancer and a strong academic, clinical and industrial network to identify as early as possible high potential targets identified by researchers.
- Perfect mastery of recombinant antibody technology (whole antibodies, fragments, chimeric or humanized antibodies.
- Expertise (cellular, molecular immunology and immuno-pharmacology) and tools (in vitro and in vivo models and biological samples from patients) to confirm, as closely as possible to reality, the real efficacy and safety of candidate antibodies.
- Clinical experience to select the most relevant indication, identify and validate potential therapeutic combinations and secure the future clinical development plan of the drug candidate.
- Unique know-how in bio-manufacturing, which today enables ElsaLys Biotech to produce pre-industrial antibody candidates through a wide range of expression systems.
- A project management industry standard (for each program, a scientific coordinator monitors the Gantt chart and advancement of the deliverables borne internally or through academic laboratories partners or service companies).
In addition, ElsaLys Biotech relies on a network of actors and opinion leaders in the specific field of antibodies (research, clinical, regulatory, patent, CMC, toxicology).
Academic and industrial partners
First-in-class monoclonal antibodies to fight cancers, vascular eye and inflammatory diseases
In less than two years, ElsaLys Biotech has already signed licensing option and/or collaboration agreements (Institut Curie, IGBMC-ICS, Centre Léon Bérard, Skin Research Center, PDCC) and maturation agreements (SATT Conectus, SATT Sud Est), and has acquired a first strategic asset from the company MABLIFE. These have led to three R&D programs targeting novel receptors and serious or debilitating diseases :diseases: cancer, vascular diseases of the eye, Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis (IPF) and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD).
Clinical candidate selection
Skin Research Center
Oncology (solid tumors, blood cancer)
Lead candidate optimization
Skin Research Center
Lead candidate selection
Centre Léon Berard